- Auditions: April 24, 2014. Call Backs by invitation only: April 26, 2014
- Adults Needed: 15-20 (character descriptions will be posted in March, 2014). There is no fee to participate as an adult.
- Teens Needed: 10 male/10 female, singing and dancing. There is no fee to participate as a teen.
- Girls: The pre-registration is now FULL. By registering they are guaranteed an orphan role in Annie. They may also audition for lead roles in April. 10 more girls, ages 5-looks like 13, will be added to the cast through auditions in April, 2014. These 10 additional girls will be scholarshipped for the production. Chorus Orphans (non-speaking) will be double cast (they will perform five times). If you have any conflicts in June, please do not register.
- Boot Camps: We will have three Boot Camps before the auditions in April to get the girls ready for auditions in singing, dancing, and acting with the production team of Annie. These camps will be free for those registered. Those not registered may also attend for $10/each session.
- Performance Dates: June 19, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 30, and July 1 at 7:30p and June 28 at 1p.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin in May. Generally, they are M-TH, 6-10p and Saturdays, 9a-5p. Rehearsals increase in June. The schedule for rehearsals depends greatly on those who are cast and the conflicts/schedules they come with.
- Conflicts in June: If you have conflicts in June, please do not audition/register.
Annie Boot Camps
These are an optional part of participating in Annie, not mandatory. You will be preparing 16 bars from a song from musical theatre (a verse or a chorus) Tips: Don’t pick songs that are not from musical theatre (Frozen is not musical theatre… if it has not been performed in a stage production… avoid it). Don’t pick songs from Annie. Avoid songs that are overdone (Castle on a Cloud). Pick a song that shows off your strengths/personality (If you aren’t a strong singer… pick an easy song!). Live accompaniment is always preferred at an audition, but we will accept recorded accompaniment if you can’t avoid it (Annie will have a live orchestra!).
- Acting (was Feb. 20):Notes from the Acting Boot camp: Think of your song as a monologue or story you are sharing. Know who you are/character singing and who you are singing to (pick just one person!). At the top of your song write: “This is a story about me (character’s name), (character you are talking to). Study out the play; know what you are singing about. Circle punctuation, use it is a guide for breath and storytelling. Understand the emotion the song is expressing, then express it effectively. Use your face! Don’t use excessive choreography; focus on your face/heart and the storytelling. Dress up and act professionally at the auditions. Break-a-leg!
- Singing: March 6, 5:30-7p in The Really Little Theatre at ELA. Bring your sheet music or lyrics/recorded accompaniment. Boot camp will be held in The Really Little Theatre at Early Light Academy (11709 S. Vadania Dr./5115 W.)
- Dancing: March 13, 5:30-7p in The Really Little Theatre at ELA. Dress comfortably to dance. Boot camp will be held in Library at Early Light Academy (11709 S. Vadania Dr./5115 W.)
Registration will open January 13, 2014! More details
- Registration: $150. Registration will be limited to 15 girls and 15 boys.
- Registration Deadline: March 31, 2014.
- Ages: 15-18 (must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior, or graduated Senior in Fall, 2014)
- Dates: July 28-August 7, M-F: 8a-3p, August 11-14: 5-11p at Early Light Academy
- Cost: $150 (includes dancing, singing and acting classes, 5 Boot Camp Performances, Boot Camp t-shirt, Boot Camp cinch sack, Boot Camp dog tags, three Audition Workshops before your auditions on April 10, 2014.
- Auditions: The 24 registered will then audition April 10 with a song (16 bars), monologue (one minute or less), and dancing (will be taught at the audition). This audition is to enable the production team to cast you in the Boot Camp Production. No one will be cut.
- Performances: August 15 at 5 PM and 8 PM and August 16 at 1a, 4p and 8p at Early Light Academy
- Conflicts: If you have ANY conflicts, please DO NOT register, you will be dropped without a refund.
Theatre School, 2014
Registration will open January 13, 2014!
- Registration Deadline: May 31, 2014. ($10 late fee after May 31)
- Cost: $100 (includes musical theatre class, acting class, Theatre School t-shirt, and snacks
- Ages: 5-12 (must be the correct age during Theatre School)
- Dates: July 28-August 7, M-TH, 4:30-7 PM at Early Light Academy
- Recital: August 9 at 4 PM and 7 PM at Early Light Academy (They will rehearse 11a-4p this day)
- Conflicts: If you have conflicts, please do not register.
Really, really want to be part of the next show? Great! If you can sew, paint, hammer a nail or drive a screw, there’s always tons to do! Visit our volunteer page to find out more!