Come play with us in an SJCT production!
See How They Run
This is a fast paced comedy/farce about a young vicar’s wife who is trying to fit into a small, tightly-knit town. Set in the background of World War II, things go awry when a pompous church matron comes calling unannounced and a male friend from the vicar’s wife’s past comes to visit, the bishop (the wife’s uncle) shows up early, and an escaped Russian convict hides in the house. Throw in another vicar and a witty maid, who is a little off, and you have a comedy that will make even the grumpiest smile. Rob Abney will direct.
- Auditions: January 9, 2014: 7-9 PM. Call Backs: January 11 by invitation only.
- Audition Material: Please prepare one side from the script. You must also bring a signed Audition Form with your picture attached. Audition Form/Sides/Character Descriptions/More Details
- Adults Needed: 6 men, 3 women, ages 19-65 (character descriptions will be posted soon). British, Cockney, American and Russian accents needed.
- Performance Dates: February 13, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 14, 28 and March 1, 2014 at 7p. Please note that we will perform on Valentine’s Day.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin January 13, 2014. Generally, they are M-TH, 6-10p and Saturdays, 9a-5p. Rehearsals increase in February. There will be rehearsal on Martin Luther King Day.
- Conflicts in February: If you have conflicts in February, please do not audition.
- Auditions: April 24, 2014. Call Backs by invitation only: April 26, 2014
- Adults Needed: 15-20 (character descriptions will be posted in March, 2014). There is no fee to participate as an adult.
- Teens Needed: 10 male/10 female, singing and dancing. There is no fee to participate as a teen.
- Girls: 50 girls ages 7-12 will be able to pre-register to be in the production beginning in January 13, 2014. Cost: $75 (including cast t-shirt and pre-audition Boot camps). This will guarantee them an orphan role in Annie. They may also audition for lead roles in April. 10 more girls, ages 5-looks like 13, will be added to the cast through auditions in April, 2014. These 10 additional girls will be scholarshipped for the production. Chorus Orphans (non-speaking) will be double cast (they will perform five times).
- Boot Camps: We will have three Boot Camps before the auditions in April to get the girls ready for auditions in singing, dancing, and acting with the production team of Annie. These camps will be free for those registered. Those not registered may also attend for $10/each session.
- Performance Dates: June 19, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 30, and July 1 at 7:30p and June 28 at 1p.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin in May. Generally, they are M-TH, 6-10p and Saturdays, 9a-5p. Rehearsals increase in June.
- Conflicts in June: If you have conflicts in June, please do not audition/register.
Teen Boot Camp, 2014
Registration will open January 13, 2014!
- Registration: $150. Registration will be limited to 12 girls and 12 boys.
- Registration Deadline: March 31, 2014.
- Ages: 15-18 (must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior, or graduated Senior in Fall, 2014)
- Dates: July 28-August 7, M-F: 8a-3p, August 11-14: 5-11p at Early Light Academy
- Cost: $150 (includes dancing, singing and acting classes, 5 Boot Camp Performances, Boot Camp t-shirt, Boot Camp cinch sack, Boot Camp dog tags, three Audition Workshops before your auditions on April 10, 2014.
- Auditions: The 24 registered will then audition April 10 with a song (16 bars), monologue (one minute or less), and dancing (will be taught at the audition). This audition is to enable the production team to cast you in the Boot Camp Production. No one will be cut.
- Performances: August 15 at 5 PM and 8 PM and August 16 at 1a, 4p and 8p at Early Light Academy
- Conflicts: If you have ANY conflicts, please DO NOT register, you will be dropped without a refund.
Theatre School, 2014
Registration will open January 13, 2014!
- Registration Deadline: May 31, 2014. ($10 late fee after May 31)
- Cost: $100 (includes musical theatre class, acting class, Theatre School t-shirt, and snacks
- Ages: 5-12 (must be the correct age during Theatre School)
- Dates: July 28-August 7, M-TH, 4:30-7 PM at Early Light Academy
- Recital: August 9 at 4 PM and 7 PM at Early Light Academy (They will rehearse 11a-4p this day)
- Conflicts: If you have conflicts, please do not register.
Really, really want to be part of the next show? Great! If you can sew, paint, hammer a nail or drive a screw, there’s always tons to do! Visit our volunteer page to find out more!