Registration is now open! Click on “Buy Tickets” to participate in this well-loved program!
So you want to learn how to act, sing and dance? Awesome! South Jordan Community Theatre will offer its exciting and well-loved two-week course this summer! You will learn the ins and outs of theatre from our top-notch production team!
When children participate in theatre they develop a unique sense of self-awareness, confidence in themselves, and the ability to channel their creativity in positive self-expression. When you sign up, you’ll be a part of the growing South Jordan Community Theatre experience known for its high values and welcoming environment. Have an unforgettably fun time while you learn to effectively communicate with others using your body and voice and how to think critically.
- Dates: July 29 – August-8, 2013 (M-TH), 2013 from 4:30 – 7:00 PM (snack will be provided each day)
- Recital Date: August 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM (students will rehearse 12 PM-4 PM this day)
- Who can sign up? Children ages 5-12 (must be the correct age during Theatre School)
- Cost: $100
- Includes: Acting class, Musical Theatre class, Theatre School t-shirt
- Registration Deadline: June 30, 2013. There will be a $10 late fee for those who sign up after June 30, 2013.
- Where? Early Light Academy (11709 S. Vadania Dr./5100 W.)
- Ages: 13-18 (7th-12th Grade)
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2013. Please return your Staff Application Form to Mrs. Butler at ELA or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No late applications will be accepted. To apply you may not have any conflicts with Theatre School
- Scholarship: Each teen will get a Staff T-shirt, $75 scholarship to either UTA or an SJCT production, and a Musical Theatre class performed at the Theatre School Recital.
Want to be one of our Teen Assistants?
Theatre School is directed by SJCT’s President and Artistic Director, Toni Butler. Something you may not know about Toni is she has a degree in Theatre Education from the University of Utah and has taught, implimented and created Theatre Schools all over the Wasatch Front: from YouthTheatre at the U to The Egytian Theatre in Park City to The Chidren’s Theatre of Salt Lake to East HIgh School and more. And add to her experience the talents of our amazing production team… this is going to be an fantastic experience for your child!
Read what people have said about their experiences in Toni’s Theatre Schools:
My children have participated in four different theater camps in Salt Lake City and Park City. While all were good, this theater camp was the best by far, both in terms of the kids’ enjoyment and in the level of performance Toni Butler and her drama crew were able to draw from the children after only two weeks. The instructors were very well trained, patient, and professional, and the kids loved them. Next time the camp is offered by Toni, my son will be there!
The drama camp you and your students offered to elementary school students was phenomenal. What an incredible learning and growing experience for all. Our kids particularly enjoyed working with the older kids who were exceptional role models. These teenagers proved capable of engaging even the most challenging children. All three of our children came away with increased self confidence, improved people skills, and an enhanced enjoyment of acting and theater. Talking with other parents, we know that we are not alone in saying that the drama camp brought a lot more than acting into the lives of our children. Thank you so much for your hard work and your dedication.
Sue and Collin Cowley
Want to be one of our teen assistants?