We are excited to announce that we will offer our popular Theatre School in March this year!
So you want to learn how to act, sing and dance? Awesome! Kensington Theatre Company’s THEATRE SCHOOL is just the place to play! You will learn the ins and outs of theatre from our top-notch production team!
When children participate in theatre they develop a unique sense of self-awareness, confidence in themselves, and the ability to channel their creativity in positive self-expression. When you sign up, you’ll be a part of the growing Kensington Theatre experience known for its high values and welcoming environment.
- Dates: February 29-March 10, M-Th 4:30-7p and a recital/final dress rehearsal on March 12, 12-9p. To register, just click “Buy tickets” at the top of this page.
- Registration: $100. Includes: Acting Class, Musical Theatre Class, Cast T-shirt, Small Daily Snack
- Registration Opens: December 1, 2015 and closes January 31, 2016
- Late Registration: $115 and closes February 15, 2016
- Registration is Limited: There will be 20 spots for Kindergarten-2nd grade, 20 spots for 3rd-4th grades, 20 spots for 5th-6th grades.. so don’t wait to be a part of this delightful program!
- Where? Early Light Academy (11709 S. Vadania Dr./5100 W.)
TEEN Theatre School STAFF
Congrats to the Teen Staff of 2016!
If you have not received and email from Mrs. Butler, please contact her ASAP, she may have a bad email and she is in need of important information from you (email@example.com).
Theatre School Staff, 2016:
- DirectorToni Butler
- TechiesMadden Fronce, Emily Kroff
- Kid ControllersHailey Warne, Jocelyn Clawson, Adam Willis
- TeachersJen Kroff, Jill Bearden
- Michelle Willis, Lydia Butler, Carrie Scherbel
- Brooklyn Allison, Geoff Beckstrand, Abby Hambleton
- Teaching AssistantsAmelia Bradstreet, Camila Baltazar,
- Cayley Thompson, Clara Fowler,
- Drew Ellermeier, Fe Dickinson, Gage Sanders,
- Gage Watt, Jennifer Larson, Kazden Hawthorne,
- Raegan Schmidt, Savannah Cobb, Saylor Miller,
- Sose Muai, Summer Cannon, Sydney Scherbel
Want to be one of our Teen Assistants? Look for our next Theatre School in 2017
- Application Deadline: TBD
- Scholarship: Half tuition for Teen Boot Camp in August, 2017 or season tickets for 2017 shows!
- Ages: 13-19 (must be the correct age during Theatre School)
- Conflicts: Please do not apply if you have ANY conlficts. If you have ANY conflicts, you will not be hired.
Theatre School is directed by KTC’s President and Artistic Director, Toni Butler. Something you may not know about Toni is she has a degree in Theatre Education from the University of Utah and has taught, implemented and created Theatre Schools all over the Wasatch Front: from YouthTheatre at the U to The Egyptian Theatre in Park City to The Children’s Theatre of Salt Lake to East High School and more. And add to her experience the talents of our amazing production team… this is going to be an fantastic experience for your child!
Read what people have said about their experiences in Toni’s Theatre Schools:
My children have participated in four different theater camps in Salt Lake City and Park City. While all were good, this theater camp was the best by far, both in terms of the kids’ enjoyment and in the level of performance Toni Butler and her drama crew were able to draw from the children after only two weeks. The instructors were very well trained, patient, and professional, and the kids loved them. Next time the camp is offered by Toni, my son will be there!
The drama camp you and your students offered to elementary school students was phenomenal. What an incredible learning and growing experience for all. Our kids particularly enjoyed working with the older kids who were exceptional role models. These teenagers proved capable of engaging even the most challenging children. All three of our children came away with increased self confidence, improved people skills, and an enhanced enjoyment of acting and theater. Talking with other parents, we know that we are not alone in saying that the drama camp brought a lot more than acting into the lives of our children. Thank you so much for your hard work and your dedication.
Sue and Collin Cowley