- Auditions: April 24, 2014. All Auditioning, please bring a signed Audition Form and sign up for an Audition Time by calling the box office (801-382-9328). Walk ins are welcome, you will be added in the next available time slot. Please prepare 16 bars from a musical in the style of Annie. An accompanist willl be provided. Minus tracks are acceptable. Call Backs by invitation only: April 26, 2014 (8a-1p).
- Production Details: Toni Butler will direct Annie and it will be performed with a live orchestra (directed by Michelle Willis).
- Adults Needed: 15-20. Looking for strong singers/actors who will play multiple parts throughout the production. There is no fee to participate as an adult.
- Teens Needed: 10 male/10 female, singing and dancing. Looking for strong dancers/actors who will play multiple parts throughout the production. There is no fee to participate as a teen.
- Girls: Needed: 10 more girls. The pre-registration is now FULL. By registering they are guaranteed an orphan role in Annie. They may also audition for lead roles on April 24. 10 more girls, ages 5-looks like 14, will be added to the cast through auditions in April, 2014. These 10 additional girls will be scholarshipped for the production. Chorus Orphans (non-speaking) will be double cast (they will perform five times). If you have any conflicts in June, please do not register.
- Performance Dates: June 19, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 30, and July 1 at 7:30p and June 28 at 1p.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin in May. Generally, they are M-TH, 6-10p and Saturdays, 9a-5p. Rehearsals increase in June. The schedule for rehearsals depends greatly on those who are cast and the conflicts/schedules they come with.
- Conflicts in June: If you have conflicts in June, please do not audition/register.
Annie Character Descriptions
|Annie||Orphan girl, looking for her parents. Spunky, confident, optimistic.||Looks 10-12, girl||Strong vocal, dancing and acting|
|Miss Hannigan||Orphanage matron. Hates children. Comedic||Adult (any age), female||Strong vocal and acting|
|Oliver Warbucks||Billionaire businessman, who opens his home and heart to Annie. Condfident, Spectrum of emotions||Adult (25-50), male (depends on age of Grace cast)||Strong vocal (Baritone) and acting. Some dancing|
|Grace||Warbucks secretaty, charmingly in charge||Adult (25-50), female (depends on age of Warbucks cast)||Strong vocal, acting, dancing (Soprano)|
|Rooster Hannigan||Miss Hannigans disreputable brother. Charming and mischeivious||Adult (25-50), male||Strong vocal, dancing and acting|
|Lily St. Regis||Roosters girlfriend. Blonde||Adult (25-50), female||Strong vocal, dancing and acting|
|Molly, Pepper, Duffy, July, Tessie, Kate||Orphans with speaking/solo parts||Looks 5-14. girls||Strong vocal, dancing and acting|
|President Roosevelt||Aids in the search for Annies parents. Presidential||Older adult, male||Some vocal, strong acting|
|Louis Brandeis||Supreme Court Justice, who aids in Annies adoption||Older adult, male||Speaking part|
|Bert Healy||Radio announcer, who agrees to broadcast an appeal to Annies parents||Adult (18+), male||Strong vocal (tenor)|
|The Boylan Sisters||Trio that sings on the radio||18-50, females||Strong vocal (harmonies)|
|Lt. Ward||A policeman sent to find Annie||Adult (18+), male||Speaking part|
|Drake||Warbucks butler||Older adult, male||Some vocal, strong acting|
|Sandy||Dog||Dog||Obedient, love to shake hand, sit, bark, and come on cue|
|Teen Ensemble||Maids, cooks, servants at Warbucks, Hooverville, NYC ensemble||Teens 14-19||Strong dancing and singing|
|Adult Ensemble||Maids, cooks, servants at Warbucks, Hooverville, NYC ensemble||Adults (18+)||Strong vocal and dancing|
|Roosevelts Cabinet||Cabinet Secretaries||Adult (18+), males & 1 female||Some vocal|
|Other orphans||Girls in the orphanage||7-12, girls||Vocal and dancing|